Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mashi Honey Oat Squares


2/3 c whole milk
1 tub of Kriemhild butter, at room temperature
16 oz Wild Mountain Apiaries Honey
1 c Health now 4 you, Cinnamon Peanut Butter
2 tsp vanilla
1 c cocoa powder **
6 c oats
1 c organic coconut
1 c organic dates, finely chopped

Line a jelly roll pan (11"x7") with foil. Butter well and set aside.

**At my local co-op I buy black cocoa powder, that I mix together with equal parts baking cocoa. I use this in any recipe that calls for baking cocoa. This is what gives my cocoa recipes that deep chocolate color and flavor. I have made these with just plain ole cocoa powder and they equally as delish.

In a large bowl mix oats, coconut, dates and cocoa powder together well; set aside

In a sauce pan bring honey, butter and milk to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour this over the oat mixture. Stirring well to combine.

Spread this mixture in prepared pan, taking a piece of wax-paper (or parchment) firmly press the mixture down and pat out evenly. Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

Cut into desired size squares. (I cut mine roughly 1"x2"). Store in a airtight container, (with wax paper between layers to prevent sticking) in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment