Monday, July 25, 2011

Grilled Goat Ribs

I discovered goat meat last year, and what a find it was!! I know it has been compared to a milder lamb taste, my mother thinks it is closer to a veal taste. I agree with both, but also it has it's own unique flavor. I have to admit, I was a little selfish last year, I only shared one or two meals, it was so good, my husband I used it as our "special" night dinner!! This year I promise to be better!!



1 Jones Family Farm Goat Ribs
4 tbsp Zatar
3 tbsp olive oil


Mix the zatar with the oil, to get a nice paste. Place ribs in a dish, rub paste all over, massaging it well. (ladies you know I think if there is another life after this, I would mind being a good piece of meat to massaged!! ha ha) Marinade for 4 hours if time permits, but at least 1 hour. Allow this to come to room temperature for at 30 minutes before grilling.

Preheat grill to high heat. Turn off middle burner, and place ribs over this section. Turn other two burners to med/low (you want to maintain about 250-300 degree F temp.) You want the fat layer up, this helps keep the meat moist and tender. Allow to grill for 2 - 21/2 hours. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.

No comments:

Post a Comment