Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Stuffed Pepper ($4.50/pp)

I was not a big green bell pepper eater, (yes I know the picture its a red pepper, it did have green in it honest!), I got some of Old Path bells peppers (yes some were  green/red) and I am now a fan of them!! Sweet and tender these were, Thanks Nancy!!




4 Old Path Bell Peppers (or now I see the Farm B/B has added them, and I am sure they are delish too!)
1 1/2 c Israeli Couscous
1 pt of Salsa
1 c water
1/2 brick of JFF Esperanza cheese, shredded
1/2 c Mountain View Jarlsberg
1 bunch Old Path Toscano Kale. blanched and chopped

Bring salsa and water to boil. Add in couscous, cover and reduce to a simmer, for 15-20 or until all liquid has been absorbed.

Cut about 1" down from stem of pepper. Remove ribs and seeds. (I remove the stem and dice the round of pepper to add to the filling). I make foil rings, (about 6" of foil, crunched together and then form a ring, twisting ends together) to help the peppers stand up in an 8x8 pan.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

When the couscous is done, stir in cheeses and kale. Combine well. Stuff filling into each pepper, packing down to fill well. (if you have left over filling, place in a greased casserole dish and bake along side pepper dish). Pour about 1/2 water into pan, cover peppers with a foil tent.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes cover and then another 10 minutes uncovered.

You could easily add in meat if wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment